Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Bushmaster AR-15 .223

I recently had the opportunity to purchase a brand new Bushmaster AR-15 for a very reasonable price, so I jumped at the chance. I have always wanted a .223 rifle to chase the elusive coyotes in my home state of Michigan so this rifle seemed to be the cure for the itch of a new firearm to chase them. I must say that the allure of a modern sport rifle has always intrigued me along with most firearm enthusiasts I knew.

Me With My New AR!

I quickly found myself defending my actions of purchasing this selection of mine. My wife was first by stating that, “why in the world do you need an evil black gun?” She was stern in her stance even though she knew how I felt about firearms. It was now time to educate her on what a modern sport rifle was and there was no such thing as an “Evil Black Gun” or “Assault Rifle”. Those are two terms that we now have the mainstream media to thank for!

It took a while for her to understand why a modern sport rifle was no different than the standard .22’s that we currently own. They are all semi-automatics that ONLY fire one round with one pull of the trigger! The color or look of a firearm doesn’t make it any different than that of any other rifle. Be it black, green, pink, blue, or camo clad, the color doesn’t make a firearm do anything or make it take on a personality of being evil or good! The look of them falls into that same category. Be it military, techno, cowboy, primitive, or modern, the look doesn’t make the firearm worthy of being called evil nor should it put it into a hands off category.

Bushmaster AR-15 .223

By now you probably have figured out that this blog is going to be devoted to promoting and protecting the modern sport rifle. It has a place in the firearm world and in the woods and field as a hunting tool. This blog will be devoted to articles about modern sport rifles and issues concerning them. I will also cover the hunts and range time I spend with my sport rifle. Hopefully this will become an informative forum for you to gain either knowledge about the modern sport rifle or how it is used in the hunting world. Feel free to email me about any questions you might have or any insight you may wish to pass along that will enhance my own experience with them.

Mike Adams
Up North Journal
www.upnorthjournal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment